Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Monday's Ride Part Two

After the Cumberland Gap everything was an anticlimax until some toe rag nicked my rear lights in Penrith. It had become dark and it was the last thing I expected. I started to push my bike towards the camp site location and asked at a local garge about the exact location of the site and explained my predicament when they said it was a ten minute ride away. As I left the garage shop a complete stranger offered to give me a lift to the rough location of the site as he sort of knew where the site was but wasn't exactly sure.
He dropped me off at a pub with a 250yds to campsite sign near it and when I asked two mountain bike riders where the campsite was, they bought me a beer when they discovered I was doing an End to End ride as they were thinking of doing it next year. The camp site was at the far end of Lowther Leisure Park and hidden away in the furtherst corner. The camp site was full but to continue with my run of good luck the admissions chap let me in. I pitched my tent to the sound of deer foraging in the woods and owls calling to each other. A day of mixed fortune - mostly good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home